Blogging is still an unexploited area by companies in Oman. Most blogs are owned and managed by small/medium sized companies or entrepreneurs.
The benefits of blogging seem to be fairly clear; however, these benefits are only achieved when the blog is updated regularly with great content, but this can be very time consuming.
For companies who are not willing to put in the time and effort, it is better not to have a blog rather than to have a blog that has not been updated in months.
Let’s have a look at these corporate blogs (in English); I did not include other corporate blogs as I thought they are not regularly updated.
- Khimji Ramdas – Started in 2007 Bright Sparks features contributions from just about everyone in the KR family. On the blog you’ll find out everything about the organisation’s latest happenings, products, services, activities and promotions. Great blog!
- Arabesque Travel – this blog, ynotoman, is managed by Badar and Tony and offers great insights, reviews, photos, etc. about planning your tour in Oman. I have used their services when a couple of friends came to Oman and they were really happy with the standard of services received. Well done.
- Muscat Eye Laser Center – I like the idea for a healthcare entity of having a blog however, in my opinion, should not be used for copying/pasting news releases only. Could be easily improved by adding more pages such as ‘Meet our doctors’, ‘Eye care services’, ‘Patients' information’, etc. as well as posting more often.
- n dot interiors – this blog called Just Design is managed by Nidhal Al-Brashdi. On here you’ll find reviews, photos as well as her work. It is updated regularly with great content; great way of promoting yourself and your company. Thumbs up.
- Oman Law Blog – One of the oldest blogs in Oman as it started in 2008, by international law firm Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP. It shares lots of useful info about ministerial decisions, law updates, regulations and any sort of legal stuff. Very nicely done.
- TOTEM – Always super active TOTEM recently launched its blog, Counter Culture, with views on the fashion industry as well as everything you need to know about the boutique’s latest happenings. Not to be missed.
- Twinkle – Twinkle is a shop specialising in cute and unique baby and children's items and it recently joined the blogosphere. Look forward to reading more.
- Oman Air – In terms of content, I quite like it as it covers several areas; maybe they should work on the layout as some areas cannot be read. Seems to me though that they’re not giving the blog too much importance.
- Al Nims Media - Al Nims Media is a recently established social media agency. Through their blog they mostly share their work and occasionally bits and pieces from the social media world. Look forward to reading more from them as I know they can contribute to the growth of social media in Oman.
- Total Design – Another blog dedicated to design. O-DesignTecture is updated regularly and shares everything that has to do with architecture, interior design, graphics, fashion and arts.
- Sew Chic and Unique – One of my favourite blogs! Great tutorials, tips, photos and interaction but most importantly lots of passion by blog owner Mayya. Great.
That’s all; as usual if I have forgotten any let me know ;)